Very often we receive the identical question; "What do you guys do"? Now, this is certainly the hardest question to address but in short: WE do what YOU need. We are focusing on the individual person, even within the group environment.
More and more we are having a debate on which training style is better and more effective. Is it the body-building, functional training, yoga, cross-fit, high intensity? The truth is that we are asking the wrong question as every training modality yields unique benefits. Thus, an all-inclusive approach to programming may be most effective. Well, at least if you are looking for sustainability and injury prevention.
Wrong exercise or training style doesn't exist, the issue is with the inappropriate prescription, dogmatic approach and wrong dosage. In fact, we believe there are only 4 styles of training/movement.
Our continuum based thinking allow us to explore our very extensive and diverse exercise library and use it correctly based on individuals abilities, goals and requirements. We categorise our program design into four quadrants. Each of these Q's carries unique benefits and the whole program is powerful when it's done as a whole.
Before we design any individual program it's helpful to know how we can help you, therefore, our FREE OF CHARGE casual chat is our starting point. First movement session allows us to see how you move and feel during the movement.
METHODS WE USE
Together with traditional strength approach we also use a combination of unique and novel solutions to effectively prepare the body for life and its demand
- Ground to stand drills are fantastic for enhancing mobility and flexibility, they can improve fluid circulation and create total-body awareness. The ability to get up off the ground and go back to the ground is THE fundamental principle of life.
- Activations enhance the relationship between muscles, fascia and nerves which is important for pain management, efficiency and movement longevity. They can improve core function in the upright position, reactivity and neural sequencing.
- Hip De-coupling are powerful solutions for better hip mobility, less wear and tear through low back and may improve rhythm through lower back/hip area.
- Restorative Poses can improve mindfulness, tissue extensibility and help to down-regulate sympathetic nervous system(fight or flight).
- Shifting is moving sub-maximal load through the field of gravity and it's great for tensile strength (create resilient tissue which prevents soft tissue injuries), create stability while moving load off the midline or strengthen collagen in the tissue.
- Flow is a sequence of variety of movement organised in a rhythmical way. They can improve cognitive function, motor control or increase aerobic capacity.